Wales’ Hopes for the 2018 World Cup Gets a Blow from Serbia.
Wales has some challenges in their road ahead to the World Cup 2018 soccer world cup. Wales’ got a severe blow as they could not secure a win against Serbia in Cardiff. Aleksandar Mitrovic’s late equalizer for Serbia put the Wales’s support to a mute and denied them the victory in Cardiff.
- The visiting Serbia team played superbly in the game. They had a strong start and played the game in full momentum. Eventually, Gareth Bale made it 1-0 for Wales after the ever ready Hal Robson-Kanu forced the visiting team’s Matija Nastasic into a mistake.
- The encounter, then became interesting. It was an occasional scrappy match, but since the Wales team had progressed ahead, the fans became happy thinking their hopes for the 2018 World Cup was sealed.
- The match featured opportunities at both ends and there were opportunities created and missed by both teams. However, just moments after Bale hitting the post, Mitrovic headed a squeaky ball into the nets, stunning the Cardiff City Stadium into complete silence.
- The Republic of Ireland’s had won recently in Austria placed them at the top of Group D. Therefore, Serbia and Wales are now second and third – they are two and four points behind respectively from the Ireland men.
- Wales had drawn in previous two games, so it soon became imperative that the team did not become weaker among the competitors in a tantalizingly tight group. The draw however means that Wales remain unbeaten, but their hopes for 2018 World Cup being dented is a big blow nonetheless.
The four-point gap between Wales and Ireland seems to be a bit hard to manage. The Ireland team is playing in form and is a significant one, being the single and only team able to qualify automatically from the group. Wales however would up the ante and try its best to concrete its position in the forthcoming soccer World Cup.
We are so disappointed at the moment. We played great in the first half but then faded. It’s one of those things, you go so close at one end and then they go up and score. It’s two points lost. We believe we can still do it, we just need to keep working hard, said Bale post match.
Wales vs Serbia Next Match
The two sides will meet in Dublin on 24 March, 2017 and it will surely be a match to watch for everyone. For the Wales’s supporters, “better luck next time.”
- Prem and Thakkar each score centuries as Kerala Dominate the first day - November 13, 2016
- 5 Things We Learned From Wales 1-1 Serbia - November 13, 2016
- Charlotte Hornets vs Cleveland Cavaliers Match Preview, Lineups And Prediction - November 13, 2016