SmackDown Live is coming up with their own pay per view after a long time and they have decided to use a previous pay per view as their name for the event. For starters, Backlash was the immediate pay per view following the biggest stage of them all, WrestleMania and most of the matches on the card ended up being rematches from WrestleMania.
While we do not really know the reason why SmackDown Live has chosen the name, it seems that this might be a backlash following Summerslam. This is just our assumption. This week’s episode of SmackDown Live had a new title added to match card. As of now, this is what the card looks like:
- Dean Ambrose (champion) vs. AJ Styles for the WWE Championship
- The Miz (champion) vs. Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental championship
- SmackDown Live’s Women’s Six pack challenge match for the new Women’s title on the blue brand
- The finals of the SmackDown Live Tag Team Championship tournament finals
- Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt.
One noticeable absentee on the card is John Cena, who is not expected to work the event. Also, expect to see a match involving Baron Corbin and Sin Cara. Expect to see Apollo Crews thrown into the mix of things somehow. There is a lot of unpredictability going to the card as of now, as we cannot really predict who would be holding the titles, since SmackDown although in a subtle way has been coming up with their own surprises.
We might also have a show down between Shane McMahon and Paul Heyman on the event, where Shane continues from where his sister left off as it appears that she is out of the picture as far as the storyline between the McMahon siblings and Brock Lesnar is concerned. We may not end up seeing it at the pay per view, but expect some direction on the story line heading into the next big pay per views like Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble.
Latest posts by Benhail Jaideep (see all)
- Updated card for the WWE Royal Rumble pay per view - January 28, 2017
- WWE SmackDown Results – 01/24/2017 - January 26, 2017
- WWE RAW Results – 01/23/2017 - January 24, 2017