The Indian run machine and the current skipper in the longer format of the game, Virat Kohli has added more feathers to his already impressive list of achievements.His knock of 200 helped India gain a strong hold with India posting a mammoth 566-8 (declared).
He managed to create new records on the way to his maiden double ton. Here are the stats:
- With this knock, he becomes the fifth Indian captain to score a double century, after MAK Pataudi, Sunil Gavaskar, MS Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar.
- He also holds the record for the highest score by an Indian captain on foreign soil, surpassing the previous record of 192 by Mohammed Azharuddin.
- This is his highest score in test cricket, beating his previous best of 169 scored against Australia at the MCG.
- This is also the highest score by a captain in the first innings in West Indies. The previous record was held by former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting, when he scored 158 in 2008.
- This is also the second highest score by an Indian skipper against the West Indies, only behind Sunil Gavaskar’s score of 205. He replaced Rahul Dravid on the stats list for the second place. Dravid was second, with his score of 146 in 2006.
- This is also the third double hundred scored by a visiting captain at the Caribbean islands.
- This score makes him the fifth Indian player to score a double century in West Indies, joining the likes of Navjot Singh Sidhu, Dilip Sardesai, Wasim Jaffer and Sunil Gavaskar.
- This knock is also the first double ton by an Indian outside the sub-continent conditions since Wasim Jaffer’s previous knock of 212 at St. Johns late in 2006.
- Last but not the least, this is his highest score in all formats of the game. His highest score in ODI’s is 183 which he scored against Pakistan in an away series at Bangladesh.
Apart from being certain that this would help India cement its place in the first test, we cannot help but ignore the comparisons between Kohli and Tendulkar! As cricket lovers, all we can do is bleed blue and say, Yeh dil Maange more!
Latest posts by Benhail Jaideep (see all)
- Updated card for the WWE Royal Rumble pay per view - January 28, 2017
- WWE SmackDown Results – 01/24/2017 - January 26, 2017
- WWE RAW Results – 01/23/2017 - January 24, 2017