SmackDown Live’s next pay per view, No Mercy is scheduled to take place live on the 9th of October at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California. These are the updated matches for the pay per view:
- AJ Styles vs John Cena vs Dean Ambrose for the WWE Heavyweight championship
- The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler in a title vs career match, with Ziggler’s career on the line against the Miz’s Intercontinental Championship
- Heath Slater and Rhino vs the Usos for the SmackDown Live tag team titles
- Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss for the SmackDown Women’s championship
- Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt.
- Expect another match between Nikki Bella, Natalya, Carmella and Naomi furthering their feud.
The event has been one of the most unpredictable story lines. Most of the story lines have a pinch of reality added to them. John Cena recently reacted strongly to Dean Ambrose’s comments about his part time status, with Ambrose also responding in the same kind to Cena’s comments about him not achieving the big title. The stipulation for Ziggler and the Miz’s title adds all the more unpredictability. The Nature Boy, Ric Flair recently shared his thoughts on his podcast this week, where he felt that Ziggler might as well be on his way out after No Mercy. He added that he has been a huge fan of Ziggler’s work and would not want to see Ziggler leave.
As we have noted recently, this might be the end, or may start a new gimmick for Ziggler after having him take some time off, if he decides to sign a new contract. The other match worth mentioning is the match between Orton and Wyatt. After a series of exciting promos and Orton being back to his normal health, it adds a lot to see how WWE plays out the feud. The women’s division match has a lot of unpredictability, with Becky and Alexa adding a lot of heat for their feud. Carmella and Nikki may also have a match to prolong their feud.