Disclaimer: As always, the first part of this report is only to be treated as a rumor. We all know that the matches have been set in stone for WWE’s next pay per view event, No Mercy. One of the key matches of the night is, the match between Dolph Ziggler vs the Miz where the Miz puts his intercontinental championship on the line, while Dolph Ziggler puts his career on the line. This means, if Ziggler wins the match, he is the new intercontinental champion. However, if he loses, he will be forced to call it quits on his career.
Ziggler, has been posting messages on his social media page that his career will be over after this Sunday and has begun thanking the training staff, referees and the other people involved behind the scenes. As if to add gasoline on the fire, he also went to extent of posting that he is open for bookings from the 11th of October and has named sources from where the bookings can be done. Does this mean that his career will really come to a close at Sunday’s event? Or is he tricking us? More often than not, usually when a superstar posts about the result of the match, the exact opposite takes place. We will keep you posted as and when we have concrete evidence.
The match card for No Mercy has been updated. WWE posted that Nikki Bella would be squaring off against Carmella. As of this writing, this is what the card looks like:
- Kickoff show: Baron Corbin vs Jack Swagger
- Curt Hawkins makes his long awaited in ring return
- Nikki Bella vs Carmella
- Heath Slater and Rhino vs the Usos for the WWE SmackDown Live championships
- Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss for the SmackDown Women’s title
- Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt
- The Miz vs Ziggler in a title vs career match
- AJ Styles vs Dean Ambrose vs John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight championship.
For more updates and latest news on WWE, you can subscribe to playcaper.com!